Thursday 9 August 2012

DIY Diaries: Braided T-shirt Bracelets


So I was checking a lot of online shops yesterday and almost all of them have cute & unique accessories ( I even ordered one). I wanted to buy them all but as usual, I'm broke. :( So a bright idea came to me..
Why not make one? I was so excited that I quickly searched the net for different braiding styles and then I decided on what materials to use. & finally, I made my own braided bracelet! It's super easy! I swear!


Things you'll need:


1. Old T-shirts you don't use
2. Shoe laces or I.D laces
3. Glue ( you can use mighty bond too!)
4. Scissors
5. Sanrio



STEP 1: Cut the shirt



Cut your shirt into strips about 1 inch thick. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect. :)

STEP 2: Pull the ends



Pull the ends of the strips HARD. they will end up looking like these.

STEP 3: Tie & Secure


Cut your shoe lace (sorry I forgot to take a picture) into 3 and partner to each strips. You'll now have three parts. Then tie the end with a sanrio. I taped it because it would be hard to braid it if it's not secured.

STEP 4: Braid



Once you've secured it, gather into three parts, then braid. Secure the end with a sanrio.

STEP 5: Cut



Make sure that your braid is tight enough, then cut the excess.

STEP 6: Glue


You're almost done! Put glue on both ends and connect it. ( I recommend sew-no-more for this. You can find it in any hardware stores)

STEP 7: Seal it


Get another strip from your shirt and use it to cover the ends.


Seal it & you're done!




Well, this isn't as perfect as those you see online but practice makes perfect! I think I'll be making more of these! <3










2 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! I'm soooo gonna try this!!!! thanks :D

    AllTheLusciousThings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bracelet is so cute. I never thought of using these materials. I also use the same fabric glue in my DIYs and it works wonders.

    www.gianbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete